Super Egg & Avocado Smash
Personally, I find putting this on top of Nairns Oatcakes to be a sure way to get the approval of my littlest food critics! Nairns Oatcakes are one of the few high quality packaged products available in the supermarket that I recommend to busy parents - you can read my full review here. Also, if my logo didn't giveaway just how much I love avocado you can check out my blog on this over here.
4 eggs, boiled
1 medium avocado
1/2 tbs of dijon mustard
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/4 cup of finely chopped green onion
A dash of red wine vinegar (optional)
1. To boil eggs: place into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and then turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 12-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl place the avocado, mustard, paprika, chopped onion, vinegar and mash together with a fork
3. If using freshly boiled eggs, cool in cold water and then peel before placing into the bowl with avocado mixture, gently mix together to combine.
Ideas to use this super food smash:
* As it is!!
* On top of Nairns Oatcakes
* Add with chopped kumera/potato
* Spread on whole-grain toast
* Inside a lettuce cup
* As a filling for a whole-grain wrap or pita pocket
Enjoy (upside down is fine!)
xxx Dr Julie Bhosale