Lemon and Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
700 grams of chicken drumsticks
6 tb of olive oil
3 tb of garlic
2 tsp of paprika
2 tsp of dried thyme (or mixed herbs)
Handful of fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. To make the marinade, in a large bowl add the olive oil, garlic (you can do 2 tbs if you wish), paprika and thyme. Finely chop 2-3 tb of coriander and add to the bowl then squeeze in the juice from half of the lemon.
3. Place in chicken drumsticks and coat well in the marinade. Cover and set aside in the fridge for at least an hour (can leave for a few hours). Just take chicken out of the fridge 30 minutes before baking (to ensure even cooking). You can either leave in the mixing bowl in the fridge or place ready to go in the oven proof dish.
4. Ensure chicken is evenly spaced in the oven proof dish and place the remaining lemon on in slices. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
5. Allow to cool slightly and place a sprinkle of fresh chopped coriander over to garnish.
P.S Have a great Zingy Meatball recipe if you are after something a little more Italian!
xxx Dr Julie Bhosale