Healthy Party Crackles (Dairy & Gluten Free)
Chocolate party crackles are something I remember from my own childhood. I have been playing around with a healthier version and found it quite simple to re-create with a few tweaks! We made these on Sunday morning for Arjun's party - he pretty much did them all himself - so they do really get the tick of being super easy.
Free of refined sugar, with just a dash of honey for sweetness, they are also dairy-free and gluten-free!
4 Heaped tablespoons of coconut oil
1 Tb honey
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
1 Tb of coco
1 and 1/2 cups of rice bubbles
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
1. Melt coconut oil and add to a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix in honey and whisk well (don't worry how it looks at this stage!) followed by the vanilla essence.
3. Add in vanilla essence and coco (should look more like it now!).
4. Quickly add in rice bubbles and coconut and gently fold all together.
5. Place into cupcakes holders (in a muffin tray to give shape) and place in the fridge for two hours (or freezer for 10mins if in a real hurry!).
Enjoy...you can see more party ideas from Arjun's 5th Birthday here.