Haem Vs Non-Haem Iron Foods
The first week of May is World Iron Awareness Week. Here in New Zealand this is something that health professionals actively team up together to support and there are some good reasons why..... Concerning Iron Stats:
- 1/3 of the worlds population are anemic, which is actually a late consequence of iron deficiency.
- Iron deficiency in infants is the biggest nutrient deficiency world-wide in both developed and under-developed countries.
- 1 in 14 women here in New Zealand are low in iron.
- Iron deficiency in children can lead to cognitive delays and behavior problems long after the deficiency has improved.
- Cajun Beef Casserole (above)
- Zingy Meat Balls
- Spiced Meat Loaf
- Beef and Liver Parcels (below)
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Breakfast Muffins