Gluten Free Carrot Muffins
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
1/2 cup walnut/pecans, chopped (optional)
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases or grease well and preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil, and mashed banana. Then add the carrots and nuts.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin pan and sprinkle tops with cinnamon. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes on wire rack. And serve and enjoy!
You can check out Smushie having these for the first time over on my you-tube channel!
xxx Dr Julie Bhosale