Easy Crab Curry
1 Tb Olive oil
1 Onion, diced
1 Tb Pre-crushed garlic
1 Tb Pre-crushed ginger
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Masala
2 Fresh crabs (keep crab fat when preparing)
1 x 400g tin of diced tomato
Handful fresh coriander (to garnish)
- Clean and prepare the crab (I have a Vlog for you coming on Tuesday night!)
- Heat a large fry pan on medium heat, add oil is hot, add the onion and stir with a wooden spoon until it is soft and slightly brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger and crab fat and spices. Stir again to form a nice curry paste (the crab fat give this curry heaps of flavour).
- Add the crab followed by the tomato. Turn heat down, cover and allow to simmer for approximately 25 minutes. The crab will be loose at the joints as a guide.
- Garnish with coriander and serve in bowls with fresh chapati (we get ours fresh from a local Indian shop if we do not have time to make them). Hve fun cracking the crab! xxx Dr Julie Bhosale (and hubby!)