Crockpot Chicken and Kumara Curry
This is a super easy curry made with basic yet nutritious ingredients and can be quickly thrown together in the morning (2 children hanging off you included).
Extra-virgin olive oil (about 2 tbs)
2 tbs of crushed garlic
2-3 tsp of tumeric
2-3 tsp of masala
1kg of Chicken Drumsticks
1 large kumara
1 tin of coconut milk
6-8 bay leaves
Salt (to season)
- Prepare all the vegetables; finely dice the onion, peel and roughly cut the kumara and carrots.
- Heat a small fry pan on medium heat, add oil and when hot fry the onions gently moving with a spoon.
- Quickly add the crushed garlic, turmeric and masala stirring continuously with a wooden spoon to form your curry base. Take off the heat.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to the crockpot and pour the curry base on top, then add the coconut milk. The juices of the chicken will run so don't worry if it seems like not enough liquid.
- Season with salt and place the bay leaves on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5 hours (approximately).
- Serve as is or with some basmati rice.
- Done! Enjoy!
I have 2 more crockpot recipes in my brand new cook book Healthy Easy Dinners for Busy Mums available in ebook version and signed hard copy!
xxx Dr Julie Bhosale