Chocolate Avocado Brownie
2 ripe avocados
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
2 tbs of coconut oil
2 tbs coconut flour
1/4 cup of good quality coco powder
2 tbs of honey
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 x 70 packet of walnut pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180° and grease a brownie tin.
2. Put the avocado into a food processor and puree (pulse a few times to ensure all lumps are removed, the smoother the better.
3. Place chocolate and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl and put in microwave for approximately 1-2mins until melted. Mix with a spoon a couple of times (I would do 30 seconds and then mix).
3. In a separate bowl place the pureed avocado and then fold the chocolate mixture into it. Add the remaining ingredients, leaving the eggs until last (as they will start to cook). Mix well with an electric beater into a nice smooth batter. Put the nuts in the bowl and mix with a spoon.
4. Pour the batter into the tin, smoothing out the edges. Bake for 30 mins. Allow to cool slightly before serving (if you like your brownie warm!). You could also allow to cool and use a 70% or more dark chocolate to make a ganache or icing.
The New Mum's Nutritionist xxx