Broccoli and Bacon Salad
2 Heads of broccoli
2-3 Rashers of bacon, chopped roughly
½ - 1 Avocado
2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
Coconut oil/olive oil
- Chop broccoli into tiny trees and steam for 3-4 minutes in the microwave.
- While the broccoli is steaming, heat a small fry pan on a medium high heat. Add a little coconut oil/olive oil and cook bacon until crisp and browned.
- Once broccoli is steamed, drain and roughly chop the bacon on top.
- Chop avocado in half and scoop bite sized chunks into dressing.
- Combine mustard and vinegar or just put straight on top for dressing. You can add a little extra olive oil if you wish as well.
- Toss salad to distribute the dressing and serve! Tastes great both warm and cold!
You can replace bacon with boiled egg and can add herbs for variety as well as using purple sprouting broccoli, broccolini or even cauliflower.
Happy salad eating,
xxx Dr Julie Bhosale