Baked Potato Chips
Let us be honest, potato chips are quite irresistible. However, heavy processing of them has effectively rendered a favourite snack or side dish with very little nutrients and a few nasties in there.
This recipe of mine is not fancy by any measure but turns our humble potato, skin still on into a homemade version which will be gobbled up (by big and little people) in seconds flat!
2-3 Russet Potatoes
2 Tb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of coarse salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
2. Cut the potatoes into slices (use my photos as a guide to how thick!) and place into a large bowl. Add the olive oil, paprika and coarse salt then mix together.
3. Place potatos in single rows on the baking tray (you may need to do two lots depending on how many potatoes you use and how big your tray is).
4. Bake for approximately 30-40mins until the chips go golden brown.
5. Allow to cool for a bit and you can add a dash of extra salt. Enjoy on their own, with your favourite tomato sauce or dip. P.S You can read my latest blog on tomato sauce here.
xxx Dr Julie Bhosale