Broccoli and Bacon Salad
This is one of my favorite salad creations using only three base ingredients. It is packed full of nutrients especially some good green stuff and essential fats - including my trade-mark avocado!! Best of all it is always a hit at parties and family gatherings :)
2 Heads of broccoli
2-3 Rashers of bacon, chopped roughly
½ - 1 Avocado
2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
Coconut oil/olive oil
- Chop broccoli into tiny trees and steam for 3-4 minutes in the microwave.
- While the broccoli is steaming, heat a small fry pan on a medium high heat. Add a little coconut oil/olive oil and cook bacon until crisp and browned.
- Once broccoli is steamed, drain and roughly chop the bacon on top.
- Chop avocado in half and scoop bite sized chunks into dressing.
- Combine mustard and vinegar or just put straight on top for dressing. You can add a little extra olive oil if you wish as well.
- Toss salad to distribute the dressing and serve! Tastes great both warm and cold!